Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tada...A New Post!

O.K, so here's the thing. I have had so many projects going on this year that I haven't found the time or a clear mind to do my blogging. So my apologies to those who have been waiting for something worth reading. Not that this is going to be anything spectacular.........but here goes.


Remember that shed/barn that my hubby built for his stuff, well after about nine months it's almost finished and ready to move his treasures into. And when I say treasures, I mean TREASURES. I have posted a few pictures of our garage to show you what I have had to park in for the last two years. It gives me an anxiety, slash, panic attacks everytime I look at these pics.
It has taken me about 5 weeks so far to sort, clean, throw away (which by the way, was like pulling teeth), or put in a pile to decide later. We did throw away about two truckloads of crap, some of which my hubby salvaged as he found it in the back of the truck. Seriously how many broken shovels can one man have. He found one in the truck and brought it home and fixed it. Because we only have 9 shovels hanging up. Being the frugal man that he is, he also fixed the heated dog dish that didn't work all winter long, that he also found in the garbage.

And seriously, why do men accumulate every used auto part taken from their cars and trucks. We don't even have the vehicles they were taken off of anymore. So check out these before pics of the garage and I will post the new and approved garage in a few days.

Just a note: Crystal has been helping me with the finishing touches and putting her dads tools in his new shed. She asked her dad.. "what goes in the shed"? He replied...if it belongs to your mother it gets to stay in the garage. If it's mine it has to go in the shed. (Whaaa).

So I thought I would let you see all of the wonderful things I have accumulated and get to keep in the garage.
Notice the tiny path to the back door. And if you look hard, you can see half of the freezer.

We have run out of wall space to hang another thing. Darn it!!!

Treasures, treasures, treasures.

This is the tool table. Do you see any tools on it?

I don't know how he finds anything in here.

Oh, that's right.....he doesn't!

He askes me if I know where it is.

I tell him to pretend to throw something over his shoulder, turn around and that is where he will find what he is looking for.

On a more positive note...I have to tell you I have such a handy hubby. He can fix anything from mechanical to construction. And it is because of his many talents that we have a beautiful new shed for storage. And I know that somewhere in the back of his mind, he was doing this for me too. Way Back...but it counts anyway.

Just want to say thank you for all you do for me.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so proud of you for posting pictures of the messy garage and letting everyone see that you can be messy just like the rest of us! Seriously, Mom, this is such a proud moment for me! I can't wait to see the shed and the garage when you are finished. Get with it woman! We're waiting! BTW... I'm considering calling Oprah to see if we can get some help for Dad's hording issues.

Josi said...

So, having a non-handy husband isn't always a bad thing? But then why does my garage look so much like yours? Hmmmm.

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

You crack me up! I'm so glad you're posting again. Keep 'em coming!

Steph said...

holy moly that's funny. Have you seen our Garage? Like father like son! P.s. in 4 in a half years of marriage i have never been able to park a car in my garage.

Crystal said...

You're LIKE so disgusting mom, I'm never letting Honey sleep in that garage again.....ha ha, you're not that lucky!!

Nat Lud said...

So fun to read a new post! YAY! It's always nice to put the 'man stuff' somewhere out of sight!

Granny Annie said...

Oh my Dede...hate to remind you but you are so much like your mother!!!....have you seen our new garage?...the best is the new work bench Russell built for your dad and you painted it...it is still a mess..a month and he hasn't done one more thing...well, I can't complain about him!...I need to get in it too!...it's hard to get rid of all those treasured!...good luck! Love ya!
P.S. if you notice your dad doesn't park his car in the garage..wonder why?

Crystal said...

I just shudder to think of MY garage--handy men definitely come with a price! Can't wait to see the finished project :)