Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Old McDonald had a "freakin Barn"







We are still working on the "little shed" that looks like a barn. Russell has worked really hard on it, but it takes him a while we are old you know! Rodney has come out to help (Thanks Rod) and so did Charlie. We really miss having kids around to help with the big projects. It sucks having to ask for help. I am excited to get it finished so I can clean out the garage. It is disgusting! We can barely park the car in it.



The shed will match the house. I'm so lucky that I have this do it yourself hubby. He is slow, but quite the perfectionist. And I don't tell him thanks enough. I'm too busy cussing him, for making little sheds into big barns. Thanks honey!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Now what in the heck is going into this "barn"??? Are you kicking Dad out of the house? It is ENORMOUS!!!! I think you should make it into a playhouse for the grandkids . . . that would definitely win you guys the "Grandparents of the Year" award. Just a suggestion, he,he.

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

It looks more like the guest house with an east & west wing. In Jase's words, "It's honkin' huge!" But it looks awesome, and you'll be enjoying yourself an empty garage for vehicles only :)

Granny Annie said...

Oh my gosh!!! We haven't been out to see the "Barn" in a few days....no wonder you have been watching and worrying about Russell falling off the roof!
It will be really nice when it is finished!
Good work you guys!! I know you have done your share too DeDe. Holding up the boards and of course (clean up duty!) how could I not guess that job?
Love my kids so much!
Mom

Crystal said...

Holy smokes! It looks awesome. BTW Melissa - it can't be the playhouse. That's next and have you seen the blueprints for that? We may just move home and live there when it's done!

Steph said...

Come on! new blog already, I don't have much to entertain me up here so everyone needs to blog more!

Jenny said...

I like the freaking barn! I helped Craig build one a few weeks ago, same style, but maybe not so freakin big! How are you anyway? Good to find your blog.