Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just Peachy!!!!





Where did summer go? With kids and grandkids coming and going, new babies being born and Russell's projects taking over, it seems like it just sort of passed by. I haven't even had time to blog. So here goes. It seems like the only time I get to myself is midnight or later. I know its my own fault. What happened to that lady that used to be so organized?


Anyway, Susan Netto brought peaches up from St. George so I bought three boxes and canned them all. well almost all of them. We ate a lot of them as we canned them. They were so sweet and juicy. Anyway, I spent the whole day canning them, and I really enjoyed doing them. There is a lot of self satisfaction in preserving your own food and building your food storage. Mine has really suffered and it's time to get back on track. Anyway I bought two more boxes and am going to make some Jam. (Requested by Lynette). Then I am going to make some raspberry jam. When I went downstairs to get the peaches I found little holes in all the ones by the handle holes in the boxes. I couldn't figure out where those holes came from, until I saw Lance putting his fingers in the holes while they were on the counter when I brought the peaches upstairs. We found the culprit. What a busy little guy.

13 comments:

Granny Annie said...

"We all know don't we? Grandkids can do know wrong in Grandma's eyes!
Love you!

Melissa said...

Peaches? Were you going to share? Oh yeah, and we would like some jam, too. Any flavor will do. Thanks Mama! Oh, and by the way, I'm so glad to see you FINALLY updated your blog!!!

Steph said...

Hooray for the new blog! Now lets keep it up, no more going 2 months between posts! He is so cute! I do not like peaches or peach Jam but I know for a fact it is Juniors Favorite!! So cough it up!

Steph said...

Hey how come I am never on your favorite blogs list. Sniff Sniff

Steph said...

OH wait i am. haha I am a nerd. and obviously visually challenged.

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

The peaches look delicious. I'm glad you are willing to donate as we will no longer be able to afford food due to the new house..he he he Maybe I should put an order in for pears??

Crystal said...

if I buy a box of peaches will you can 'em?! Someday I will have the patience for it. Cute new blog background--you go girl!!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

If you're ever bringing peaches to your mom and have extra, I know a place about a block away that would take some off your hands. :-D Looks like so much fun!

LittleMissTicia(: said...

i want some peaches pleeaasseee! haha. love you,


TIC

Kiana Don said...

DEANN! Scary thing of the week:

This boy that is in my ward, I affectionately call him Weird Steve, because he is just plain out weird! The end, no more scaredness today :D Hope you are having a good one! :D

Kiana Don said...

DEANN! Scary thing of the week:

MATH 1050, Astronomy, and BEING TWENTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Everything would be peachier if you posted a new blog!

Crystal said...

NEW BLOG PLEASE.....Do you know how long it takes for me to check your blog. I go through all this effort with the slow internet and all.....then NOTHING!!